Are you in need of oral health care advice? If so, keep reading because you have come to the right place! Our dentists, Dr. Llavona and Dr. Oliver with Dental Specialists of Weston in Weston, Florida, is a dental expert and happy to offer you advice and insight on the basics of oral health care.
For more information on oral health care advice, consider these tips:
– To help assist with any cleaning that you need done between your teeth, an interdental tool will be needed, which can include a dental floss thread or a water flosser. Two types of dental floss are waxed and unwaxed floss.
– Because cleaning your tongue is so important, you will need to make sure to use a tongue scraper every day to scrape off bacteria that may be present.
– To help to avoid dental abrasion, brush your teeth twice every day with a brush that has soft bristles.
– Brushing after meals can be overly abrasive. Instead, use a different nonabrasive cleaning tool.
– Alternative cleaning tools that are helpful for cleaning and rinsing out your mouth after eating include mouthwash and chewing gum.
– Two common forms of mouthwash to consider are those that help freshen breath and those that can eliminate bacteria responsible for bad breath and help prevent cavities and plaque buildup.
– Visit your dentist to have your teeth cleaned twice every year.
As you can see, there are multiple ways to improve your oral health care. By applying this information to your life, you could be aiding your dentist in keeping your smile healthy and strong throughout your life. If you seek further information on your oral health, or if you are in need of a dentist, please call us today at 954-349-4993 to make an appointment. We stand ready to take your call.